Dubai Petroleum Elects H.A. Mckinley President
The board of directors of Dubai Petroleum Company (DPC) recently announced the election of Howard A. McKinley as president.
DPC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental Oil Company (Conoco) and operator for a group of international companies producing oil offshore the Arabian Gulf Sheikhdom of Dubai.
Mr. McKinley succeeds C.K.
Shepherd, who has elected early retirement following nearly 40 years of service with Conoco. He had been president of DPC since 1970.
Mr. McKinley is transferring from Houston, Texas, where he has served as vice president of Conoco for new business development since 1970. Previously, he had been vice president and executive assistant to the president and chief executive officer of Conoco and had served in managerial positions with Conoco's domestic and international oil operations.
Other members of the group for which DPC is operator are Compagnie Francaise des Petroles; Hispanoil of Spain; Deutsche Texaco, A.G., subsidiary of Texaco Inc.; Dubai Sun Oil Company, subsidiary of Sun; and Delfzee Dubai Petroleum N.V., subsidiary of Wintershall A.G. of West Germany.
A Rhodes Scholar and Phi Beta Kappa, Mr. McKinley joined Conoco in 1952. Later, he was named an officer and director of various Conoco subsidiaries, including Continental Overseas Oil Company, DPC, Continental Oil Company of Qatar, and Continental Oil Company of Argentina. He transferred to London in 1964 to become commercial manager of Conch Methane Services Limited, a Conoco affiliate pioneering in the development of special tankers for overwater shipment of liquefied natural gas. He was named managing director of Conch in 1965.
He returned to the United States in 1968 to become vice president and executive assistant to the president.
Other stories from June 15, 1976 issue
- Hoffert Marine, Inc. Offers New Brochure page: 4
- Two Firms Request Aid For 165,000-DWT Tankers Costing $173.8 Million page: 6
- Expansion Of Brazilian Shipyard Will Double Construction Capacity page: 7
- California Group Forms Europe To Arabia Ro/Ro Barge Service page: 8
- Syncrolift® Commissions World's Largest Shiplift At Canary Islands Repair Yard page: 10
- Bethlehem Builds Drill Rig For Norwegian Group, With GE Credit Furnishing First Mortgage, To Work Off Louisiana Coast For Shell Oil page: 10
- Vicinay Chain Company Officially Opens New Corpus Christi Manufacturing Plant page: 12
- Stig Host Appointed Chief Executive Officer Of Skaarup Shipping page: 12
- World's Most Sophisticated Maritime Research Simulator page: 13
- EDO Corporation Awarded $7-Million Foreign Order page: 14
- Marland Names Reps For USCG Approved Sewage-Treatment Unit page: 14
- Ingalls Companies Name William Kearney page: 15
- Morflot Opens Headquarters Office page: 16
- Savannah Machine Elects Green Executive VP page: 16
- Bethlehem Signs Agreement To Represent New Arab Shipbuilding And Repair Yard page: 17
- United Polish Shipyards Offer New Brochure On Building Facilities page: 17
- Gulf Trading Promotes Hindson And Monaghan page: 17
- CG Approves Microphor Sewage Treatment System page: 17
- Tacoma Boat Launches First Of Two Tug/Supply Vessels For Tidewater Marine page: 19
- American Bureau Appoints K.E. Sheehan Counsel page: 19
- The Waterways Company Licenses Delta Shipyard To Make STEERMASTERs page: 20
- New York Port Groups Honor James McAllister page: 20
- ASNE San Diego Section Hears Adm. Monger Stress Importance Of Safety Interlocks page: 21
- Todd Names Schaefer Assistant General Manager Los Angeles Shipyard page: 21
- R.H. Roemer Forms Mobile Marine Assoc. page: 22
- SNAME Gulf Section Holds Spring Meeting page: 24
- Lykes Elects Brennan Exec. Vice President page: 25
- Texaco Adds Another VLCC To Company Fleet Of 189 Tanker page: 28
- ITT Decca Marine Names Three Managers page: 29
- NDTA Honors Tom Crowley page: 34
- Mississippi Marine Rebuilds Fire-Damaged Towboat Lillian G page: 34
- Chesapeake Section Of SNAME Hears Paper On High Speed Ship Structural Dynamics page: 36
- Hovermarine Announces First Sale To Japan page: 37
- MTS Names Szolkowski Senior VP-Operations page: 37
- Advanced Marine Opens Office In Washington page: 38
- W.H. Blaylock Joins Energy Transportation As Safety Coordinator page: 39
- Gratwick Named VP New Marine Division Canadian Nat'l Railways page: 39
- Dubai Petroleum Elects H.A. Mckinley President page: 44
- Konel Names Abbott West Coast Manager page: 44
- Bath Iron Launches Third Ro/Ro Ship- Delivers First To States Steamship Co. page: 46
- Maritime Association Publishes 1976 Edition N.Y. Port Handbook page: 47
- Special Skills And Machines Prepare Aluminum Shell Plates For Spherical-Type LNG Tanks page: 48
- Marine Executives Visit University To Review Class Project On Construction Of Towboats page: 49