Cali Furnishing Tacoma NC Lofting Services
Cali and Associates, Inc., 3101 37th St., Metairie, La. 70001, a firm engaged in NC lofting services for the marine industry, has received two contracts from Tacoma (Wash.) Boatbuilding Company, according to announcement by Filippo Cali, president.
Cali will furnish Tacoma with all NC lofting services for the construction of a 140- foot WYTM cutter being built for the U.S.
Coast Guard, and a 106-foot sewerage waster offloading barge (SWOB) for the U.S. Navy.
The services furnished by Cali will include complete computer tapes for all flat plates, shell, stiffener length and cut templates, as well as frame bending data.
Construction will begin in May, when the first tapes are scheduled for delivery, on the WYTM cutter. Specifications are for a 37- foot 6-inch beam with a draft of 12 feet.
The cutter will be ice-strengthened, and features canted frames both forward and aft.
Eighteen SWOB-1 class (43 series) are to be constructed, each 26 feet by 9 feet 3 inches by 106 feet. The barges will be used for pollution control, and construction began last month.
Cali began delivery of the computer tapes during the latter part of 1976.
Tacoma has recently purchased a plasma cutting machine, and all burning will take place in the yard.
Other stories from February 15, 1977 issue
- SNAME Publishes New Vibration Code page: 4
- Request Aid To Build Four LNG Carriers At Cost Of $800 Million page: 6
- Far East-Levingston Delivers Drillship Diamond M Dragon page: 7
- MarAd Approves CDS For APL To Reconstruct Four Containerships page: 7
- Newport News Signs Letter Of Intent To Build 600,000-DWT Nuclear-Propelled Tankers page: 10
- Calship Receives Loan To Finance Improvements page: 10
- PRMSA Appoints Lugo Executive Director page: 10
- Peterson Receives $33.6-Million Contract For Two Heavy-Lift Ships page: 13
- Free Literature On Fire Extinguishers Available From Kidde page: 13
- SNAME San Diego Announces Site For 1980 Spring Meeting page: 13
- U.S. Navy Awards Maritime Industries Ltd. $1.7-Million Contract page: 14
- Pakistan Nationalizes Entire Merchant Fleet page: 15
- Lemont Shipbuilding Elects Roche President page: 15
- Peterson Launches CF Industries' First Integrated Tug/Barge Unit page: 16
- Dravo Corp. Awarded $4 Million To Build Barge Unloader page: 20
- Navy To Procure Five Boeing PHM Hydrofoils Costing $282.1 Million page: 20
- Owens-Corning Booklet Describes New LNG Containment System page: 20
- Kockums Computer System Speeds Decision Making In Ship Accidents page: 21
- Equitable Shipyards Delivers First Of Five Twin-Screw Tugs To Indonesian Government page: 22
- Puerto Rico's First Shipyard Launched With $9-Million Loan page: 23
- Newport News Launches First Commercial Ship In Eight Years—LNG Carrier El Paso Southern page: 24
- SNAME New York Metropolitan Section Holds First 1977 Meeting—Jakobson Honored page: 24
- PFEL Accepts Bethlehem Bid Of $20 Million For Ship Conversion page: 25
- Martin Named President Of Korea Gulf Oil Co. page: 25
- R.A. Baker To Head New Hillman Company page: 26
- SNAME Publishes Full Computer Analysis Of Shipping Operations page: 27
- APL Makes Personnel Promotions Worldwide page: 32
- Bethlehem's Sparrows Point Yard Delivers 530,000 DWT In 1976 page: 32
- International Paint Enters Commercial Agreement With Nippon Paint Co. page: 33
- Brown & Root Names Executive Committee To Manage Company page: 33
- Newport News Shipyard Apprentice School Graduates First Women page: 34
- Agri-Trans Corporation Christens New Towboat— The St. Louis-Built Cooperative Venture page: 35
- Paducah Marine Ways Names Louis J. Roof page: 35
- The Whitehall Club Honors George W. Rogers page: 35
- 630-Foot Hydranautics Portable Pier Erected And Unloading Ships In 66 Hours page: 36
- Oil Mop's Method Of Cleaning Studied By French Delegation page: 36
- Ben Nutter Retires- Port Of Oakland Appoints Abernathy page: 36
- AquaBeam Appoints Arnessen Marine page: 37
- Liberian Shipping Council Elects Liang Chairman, Presses Safety Program page: 37
- MarAd Publishes Std. Specifications For Diesel Ship Construction page: 39
- R.D. Carter Forms Intermodal Systems Co. page: 40
- PRMSA Names Irizarry Deputy Executive Director page: 40
- Offshore Technology Conference Scheduled For May 2-5 In Houston page: 41
- Alden Data Sheet Lists Marine Weather Chart Transmitting Sites page: 41
- Marathon Receives Contract For 300-Foot Drilling Tender page: 42
- Seatrain Agencies Names J.W. Honan VP page: 42
- Prudential Lines Appoints Assistant Traffic Managers page: 42
- Cali Furnishing Tacoma NC Lofting Services page: 43
- Delta Steamship Lines Names Dale Miller page: 44
- Winthrop A. Wyman Named Executive Vice President Gulf Marine Management page: 44
- Western Shipbuilders Elect Alfred Moloney Association President page: 44
- Velodur Coldwelding Can Cut Costly Repairs page: 45
- Security Bureau Elects W.J. Shields President page: 45
- ICHCA Appoints Finlay New Secretary General page: 46
- MacGregor Describes Cost Saving Hatch Cover page: 52