Raytheon Company Forms New Office Of Corporate Marketing
Raytheon Company of Lexington, Mass., has combined its government marketing, international marketing and government relations activities in a new office of corporate marketing. Philip A. Phalon, who has been named vice president-corporate marketing, will head the new staff activity.
Mr. Phalon has directed and coordinated Raytheon's international marketing activities since 1973. These duties will be assumed by Aldo Massara, formerly director of foreign offices, who becomes directorinternational affairs.
Raytheon is one of the ten largest suppliers to the U.S. Department of Defense, which accounts for some 40 percent of company sales.
As a major international company, Raytheon provides a wide range of products and services to customers outside the U.S.
More than one-fourth of company sales are to customers in other nations.
A vice president since 1973, Mr. Phalon has held a succession of increasingly important positions with the company. Before heading the international staff, he was manager of contracts for the Missile Systems Division. He first joined the company in 1956.
Aldo Massara joined Raytheon in 1967.
After working for two years at corporate headquarters in Lexington, Mass., he served in Beirut, Lebanon, and Athens, Greece, as Raytheon's representative for the Middle East, contributing to the growth of the corporation's business in the area.
Mr. Massara returned to Raytheon headquarters in 1977 to assume a position of increased responsibility. He has been director- foreipn offices since 1980. From 1958 to 1967 he worked at Selenia, Italy, then an affiliate of Raytheon, except for an 18- month period (1962-63) when he joined RCA-Engineering Product Division, Rome.
At Selenia he served in systems engineering, planning, and marketing positions.
Other stories from February 15, 1983 issue
- Raytheon Service Awarded $1-Million Navy Electronics Contract For Conversions page: 4
- USCG Uses Faster, Easier Stud Welding System —Literature Available page: 8
- National Marine Opens Dock-Side Diesel Shop In Harvey, Louisiana —Literature Offered page: 8
- Burrard Yarrows Announces Two Senior Appointments page: 8
- Raytheon Company Forms New Office Of Corporate Marketing page: 8
- Successful Trials Held For Heavy Lift Vessel Sibig Venture page: 10
- Raytheon Holds SatCom Engineering Seminar page: 10
- NABRICO Names Holland Tidewater Area Distributor page: 10
- INTERNATIONAL OIL SPILL CONFERENCE page: 14
- Irvine Named General Manager And Chief Surveyor For AMT Panama page: 23
- Ocean Carriers Seeks MarAd Approval For T-5 Tankers Charter To MSC page: 24
- TeleSystems Concludes Distribution Agreement With Grove Of Canada page: 24
- Eastern Marine Delivers Trinity River To Transportation Resources page: 25
- COAL EXPORTS page: 26
- Navy Secretary Says '83 Budget Permits Fleet To Reach 600 Ships page: 27
- Halter Marine Delivers First Of Four 191-Foot Supply Boats To Point Express page: 30
- Navy Solicits Qualified Sources To Overhaul Ships Machinery page: 30
- First Of Five Tankers For USSR Christened At Rauma-Repola Yard page: 32
- LR#s Offshore Register Shows Increase Of Over 100 Units In Mobile Drilling Rigs page: 32
- $4.5 Million In Cost Increases Approved By MarAd For Two Ro/Ro's page: 32
- AWO 40 YEARS OF PROGRESS page: 34
- Navy Exercises Final Options In $1.7 Billion T-AKX Program page: 37
- Leevac Shipyards Delivers 165-Foot Supply Vessel To Offshore Express page: 38
- Bay Shipbuilding Completes Repairs To USCG Cutter Mackinaw Ahead Of Schedule page: 39
- Newport News Announces Five Executive Appointments page: 40
- USS Ticonderoga, First Of New Class Of Cruisers, Joins The Fleet page: 41
- Amos Baki Appointed Vice President At Rosenblatt & Son page: 42
- Frydenbo Names Triconn Licensee In U.S. For Rotary Steering Gear page: 42
- Report Available On Computer Data Transfer Via Maritime Satellite page: 43
- Hitachi Zosen Shipyard Delivers 53,538-Dwt Car/Bulk Carrier page: 49
- •Blount Delivers Cruise Vessel For Chesapeake Bay Service page: 49
- Air Hoists Help Speed Propeller Repair At Todd's Seattle Yard page: 49
- Asia Pacific Launches Supply Vessel For National Marine page: 54
- Malcolm Dick Elected President Of Gibbs & Cox Naval Architectural Firm page: 55
- Free Interface Offered With Texas Instruments' SatNav —Literature Available page: 55
- New Managing Director Appointed At Neorion page: 55
- General Dynamics Elects Fritz G. Tovar To New Vice Presidential Posts page: 55
- Free 24-Page Color Brochure Describes Deutz B/AM 816 Diesels page: 55
- New Model Pilot Ladder Has Easily Replaced Steps —Literature Available page: 55