Whitey Introduces New Severe Service Valve
—Literature Available Whitey Co. of Highland Heights, Ohio, is offering free literature on a new severe service on-off valve that is now available from the company.
The valve is rated to 10,000 psi (68,900 kPa) and meets ANSI B- 16.34 Class 4500. Valves supplied with Monel stems meet N.A.C.E.
MR-01-75 for sour gas service.
Designated the "HNB," the rugged new valve also provides high flow capacity. The 0.250-inch orifice allows a flow coefficient (Cv) of 0.86.
Other features include a union bonnet design and a blowout proof stem for safety, a non-rotating Stellite ball tip for repetitive shut-off without galling, and 316 stainless-steel construction for corrosion resistance.
An adjustable, three-piece packing provides a positive stem seal. In addition, the threads are above the packing to insure long cycle life in non-lubricating systems.
All valves are 100 percent factory tested for function, shut-off and external leakage.
For further information and a free copy of the literature on the new severe service valve from Whitey Co., Circle 44 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from February 15, 1985 issue
- Imi-Tech Awarded $300,000 In Navy Research Contracts page: 4
- Two More U.S. Lines Containerships Delivered Early By Daewoo Yard page: 5
- Whitey Introduces New Severe Service Valve page: 5
- Loftus Succeeds Graham As Vice President-Sales For Moran Towing page: 6
- Coburn Appointed Area Manager For Sea-Land— Martin Named Port Manager page: 6
- Gulf Coast Trailing Dredge Under Construction At Twin City Shipyard page: 6
- Laviola And Adelman Named Corporate Vice Presidents At M. Rosenblatt & Son Firm page: 6
- Chaplin Appointed Vice President-Development For Bell Aerospace Textron page: 7
- Szczypinski Named Vice President Of Techmatics page: 7
- Folk Signs License Agreement With Renk For Reverse-Reduction Drives page: 8
- Mitsui Delivers Bulk Carrier To Kohoi Shipping Of Hong Kong page: 8
- W.A.I.T.! Alloy Identification Kits Introduced By Fenner page: 8
- Tracor Awarded $16-Million Contract For Automated Communications System page: 10
- St. Pe Succeeds Erb As President of Ingalls Shipbuilding Division page: 10
- FMC Offers Brochure On High-Capacity Centrifugal Pumps page: 11
- OFFSHORE GOTEBORG 85 page: 12
- FMC Offers Compact Turbine-Driven Centrifugal Boiler-Feed Pump page: 19
- Society Of Marine Consultants Reviews Arctic Oil Transportation page: 20
- Amor And Frayling Named Vice Presidents For Lister Diesels page: 20
- Navy Buys 11 More Ships For Ready Reserve Fleet At Cost Of $82.5 Million page: 21
- Peterson Yard Launches Another Rescue/Salvage Vessel For Navy page: 22
- MarAd Approves Sale Of Delta Line To U.S. Lines page: 22
- Boeing Sells Jetfoil To Canadian Company For Marine Research page: 22
- New York SNAME Meeting Hears Paper On Shipboard Computers page: 22
- Third Rowan Gorilla Drilling Rig Delivered By Marathon LeTourneau page: 28
- Morris Guralnick Firm Awarded Two Contracts For Conversion Designs page: 29
- Navy Awards NASSCO $14 Million For Overhaul Of Tank Landing Ship page: 29
- OIL SPILL CONFERENCE page: 30
- FAIRNESS, SIMPLICITY AND ECONOMIC GROWTH page: 37
- New Racal-Decca Problem-Solving Electronics Unveiled page: 41
- SweetWater RO Unit Selected For Antarctic Expedition By British page: 42
- Wartsila Delivers Combination Tanker xTavi' To Neste Oy page: 42
- Sea-Land Cranes Complete Trip From Japan To Port Of Tacoma page: 47
- General Thermodynamics Offers Free Literature On 300-A BMEP Balancer page: 48
- Worthington Offers Free Publication On Fire-Fighting Monitors page: 48
- Nelson Industries Introduces xBilge Boy' Oily Water Separator page: 51