Koden's New Compact 7-Inch Radar Provides Full 3 KW Of Power
When radar is installed on smaller boats, the owner often has to decide on a compromise: put up with the poorer target definition of a 1.5-kw radar, or fill up the dash or overhead compartment with a large radar display. Koden's new MD- 3401 radar eliminates the need for compromise, providing a full 3 kw of power in a compact, 7-inch radar.
In ideal conditions, 1.5 kw delivers enough power to show most targets.
According to the manufacturer, even in bad weather or high seas, Koden's MD-34041 delivers superior radar performance.
The powerful MD-3401 is designed for yachts and fishing boats where space is at a premium. It is exceptionally easy to operate—all controls are in English instead of symbols.
Ten ranges are selectable, all the way down to an incredible 1/8 mile for maneuvering in tight quarters.
The "power save mode lets you turn off the screen (saving power consumption), while your invisible guard zone keeps watch for intruding targets.
The MD-3401 is fully compatible with compass and nav systems providing NMEA-0183, allowing for North-up and Course-up as well as the standard Head-up presentation.
It also provides navigational data, EBL, VRM, off-centering, target tracking and automatic tuning.
Users can choose a compact dometype antenna or a 3-foot open scanner for improved target definition.
For free literature giving full information on the Koden MD-3401, Circle 2 1 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from May 1991 issue
- Tidewater Negotiating Acquisition Of Zapata In $500 Million Deal page:
- Bender Acquires Large Dry Dock Formerly Operated At Todd Ship page: 6
- Chantiers To Construct Remaining 2 Of 6 Frigates In $95.5 Million Orde page: 8
- OBO Quartet From B&W Will Feature Innovative Kvaerner Hatch Covers page: 9
- Wartsila-Powered Semisubmersible 'Drillmar Y Completed By ASTANO page: 10
- Latest lnmarsat-2 Satellite Launch Provides More Capacity For COMSAT Customers page: 11
- Twin Disc Adds New Marine Transmission To MGN Series page: 12
- PDVSA Plans To Double Fleet By 1996 page: 12
- New Forward Scatter Turbidimeter Announced By McNab, Inc. page: 14
- BAYOU LA BATRE A Shipyard Success Story page: 16
- Report Predicts Growth In U.S. Coastal Ferry Market page: 24
- Litton Demonstrates First Fiberoptic Towed Array Sonar System page: 24
- Sewage Treatment Plant From Omnipure Available Now In Take-Apart Unit page: 24
- NOR-SHIPPING "91 page: 26
- NORWEGIAN MARINE EQUIPMENT & SHIPPING page: 30
- Navy Budgets $25.7 Billion For Ship Maintenance, Modernization Over Next Three Fiscal Years page: 43
- Robertson-Shipmate Introduces GPS Navigation System page: 49
- Unique U.S. Navy Minehunter, First Of New MHC Class, Launched At Intermarine USA page: 50
- B&W Combination Carrier Design Complies With New US Tanker Legislation page: 50
- New Viking Videos Teach Lifesaving Techniques To Vessel Crews page: 50
- Cruise Lines Report Increased Bookings page: 50
- CAORF Selected For Rotterdam Study page: 51
- CRUISE + FERRY 1991 CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION London, May 29-31 page: 52
- Kvaerner To Help HHI Construct LNG Carriers page: 56
- Ferry Simulation Offered For Training By CAORF At USMMA In Kings Point page: 57
- Largest Casino/Passenger Boat Delivered By Patti Shipyards To Roberts River Rides page: 58
- Paxman Secures U.S. Navy Contract To Supply 32 Diesel Engines For New Patrol Boat Program page: 58
- IFC To Build Stern Section Of Superferry After Leasing VPSI Facilities page: 58
- Pentagon Seeks To Expand, Modernize Sealift Fleet page: 59
- The Effect Of Ship Design On Ports page: 60
- Port Briefs NATIONAL SCENE page: 61
- Port Briefs INTERNATIONAL SCENE page: 63
- New MTU Series 595 Engine, First Of Type To Enter Service, Installed On Ferry 'Deutschland' page: 64
- Damen Delivers New Type Police Surveillance Launch page: 65
- Bird-Johnson Awarded ANAZC C-P Propeller, Shafting Supply Contract page: 65
- Full Line Of GMDSS Products From Raytheon Marine —Literature Available— page: 66
- Deutz MWM Introduces New Big-Engine Series page: 67
- Del Gavio Marine Announces Relocation —Literature Available page: 68
- Burmeister & Wain Delivers First Vessel In Series Of Six To Polish Steamship Company page: 68
- DTRC Soliciting White Papers For Sealift Cargo Handling Systems page: 69
- High-Speed Catamaran Ferry Planned Between Vancouver And Victoria page: 69
- Royal Schelde Exhibits Versatility In Shipbuilding page: 70
- Offerors For Operation Of Deep-Ocean Research Ships Sought By Navy page: 70
- Elliott Manufacturing Catalog Features Remote Valve Operators For Ships page: 71
- Safer Navigation With Disc Navigation System From Robertson Tritech page: 72
- $823.4 Million Program For East German Yards Being Prepared By Bonn page: 73
- Two Louisiana Yards Awarded Environmental Vessel Contracts page: 73
- Kvaerner Eureka Offers 20-Page, Full-Color 'Marine Equipment Review' page: 74
- Centrico Offers Advanced Fuel/Lube Oil Purifier page: 74
- Homeport Marine Completes Fish Tender 'Northern Wind page: 76
- Koden's New Compact 7-Inch Radar Provides Full 3 KW Of Power page: 77
- Drewry Study Says Cheaper Oil Prices Will Boost Tanker Trade page: 77
- Intermarine USA To Build Third Fiberglass Minehunter For U.S. Navy page: 88
- Systems Engineering Announces Promotions page: 88
- Kvaerner Eureka Cargo Pumps Specified For Two North Sea Tankers page: 88
- C-MAP/USA Named National Distributor For Sea Plot Software page: 88